Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Alert

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Saratoga County

Fireman's Home of New York State evacuated

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Fireman's Home of New York State evacuated
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

HUDSON, N.Y. -- A home for retired firefighters in Hudson was evacuated after concerns of a gas leak in the area.

The Fireman's Home of New York State on Harry Howard Ave. was evacuated as a precaution because some of the residents were smelling gas fumes. The fumes were actually caused by a broken water pipe that made a foul smell in the air.

Once crews arrived, they checked the odor to make sure it wasn't a danger to residents.

"We got in there with our natural gas detectors, with zero readings. We also had National Grid with zero readings as well," said Craig Haigh of the Hudson Fire Department.

No one was injured and residents were never in any danger.

Residents were allowed back into the home, but the part with the broken pipe remains closed as crews investigate.

10.11.12.242 ClientIP: 54.204.66.38, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP